Thursday, August 20, 2015

new challenges

Well, as part of your job as an export sales manager is to engange in new challenges whenever they're offered to you in different parts of the world. When I started this profession I was mainly responsible for Europe due to my knowledge of German, English and Spanish. But in time things change and when I took a new challenge in a different company I was assigned to cover countries such as Azerbaijan, Georgia, Usbekistan and India, which was a wonderful experience because I had never been to those places and being a sucker for different cultures I was thrilled to see what the deal was in those countries. Of course the most exciting part of these travels is, besides getting the know the people, tasting different cuisines. When I was in Kazakhstan I was privileged to enjoy mutton, horse meat and plov dishes. In India I went to Delhi, Mumbai and Goa..all different parts but with culinary master pieces. I must admit that I have a weakness for Indian food. Just love it. All the spices and herbs. In Goa you can eat a Kingfish that you wouldn't regret.
So, recently I was told by the management that I needed to change my region because one of our colleagues had split and they needed someone experienced to take over. It is up to me now to cover our network of dealers located in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Singapore etc.
Needless to say that I am looking forward to visit those places..my next trip will be to Vietnam..talk to you later with more interesting stories..

 Stay safe everybody!