Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Ho Chi Minh City..



While I am writing these lines about Saigon I have already another trip behind..I was in Belgrade and in Nis last week and I wanted to write something while I was there about my trip to Vietnam but to be honest I am such a lazy bum when it comes to writting my blog that no one gives a effin' shit about so I am doing this at work now..what an example of a white collar worker huh?

Sooo I was in Saigon a.k.a. Ho Chi Minh City last month and it was a very pleasant surprise after visiting th chaotic Jakarta. I took a flight with Vietnam Airlines, which was quite good. The flight itself lasted like 3 hours. After landing we had to go to passport control. Those countries who require a visa can get one at the airport where you have to fill out a form and get your picture taken. However, people get a bit unease seeing the military officials at the counter but everybody's friendly and in a matter of minutes I was sitting in a taxi on my way to the Rex Hotel, where I had booked a stay for 2 nights. The hotel was perfectly located in the city center and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was picked up by our sales staff at the hotel and we took a small city tour. Very friendly guys who took me to a german beerhouse. I have no idea what its name was but there were pictures of many celebrities like Bill Clinton on the wall who enjoyed a beer at the same spot. 
Food was great too.
The only thing that bugged me about Ho Chi Minh City was the weather..it was really humid and hot. I was out for two hours and soaking wet when I got back to the hotel. There are some beautiful examples of arquitechture going back to the French era. I had only two days there but I would love to spend more time in this city. It is worth a visit.